The Global Standard . . .
Why have thousands of users in so many Fortune 1000 corporations worldwide standardized on QFD Designer since 1990?
It is So Easy to Use
It not only helps you do QFD faster and better, you can use if for any business improvement task requiring "many to many" comparisons. Here are a few examples from an endless list of uses:
It was the world's first Windows application for QFD, regarded by many to be the simplest to learn and use. But, the simplicity is not at the expense of power, it is very robust. You can build all the charts and reports you need to practice QFD successfully in one package.
QFD translator Glenn Mazur says: "QFD Designer integrates many modern hyperlink and web features, nicely thought out. "
It will help you translate customer needs into surefire winning designs
Competing products force you to work in a series of text lists. Not here! You work right on the chart. Make a change and your chart updates immediately. Change a customer importance value for a marketplace need and see the effect in real-time. Built-in formulas quickly recalculate and redraw the Pareto bar chart designating the most critical priorities you need to focus on to achieve success. No other product, even requirements management and project management tools, allow you to map out project priorities so clearly.
WEBMine's Natural Companion
If you want the ultimate in streamlined Voice of Customer gathering, pair QFD Designer with WEBMine online. Voice of Customer data gathered using WEBMine becomes the input to your QFD studies. WEBMine allows you to assemble and rank the needs of your target audience quickly. You leverage the reach of the web to assemble project goals or marketplace needs from the types of people (or the actual people) in the target population. While we still advocate in-person customer interaction, compiling the inputs for QFD with WebMine costs just a fraction of in-person meetings so it serves as a great supplement to your GEMBA research. If you opt for the Catalyst Suite, you get WEBMine with QFD Designer, with TRIZContrasolve too!
Quality Function Deployment (QFD) or any other business improvement task requiring “many to many” comparisons is a breeze with QFD Designer. It will help you improve satisfaction and gain market success.
- Strategic Planning - Hoshin
- Customer Segmentation Analysis
- Project Feasibility and Resource Allocation
- Voice of Customer Tables
- QFD, House of Quality, 4-phases
- Six Sigma - DMAIC and DFSS
- Failure Analysis - FMEA
- Design Tradeoffs - TRIZ Problem Solver
Software Feature Table
Must provide proof of academic enrollment
Concurrent - One at a time
Divisional or Enterprise-wide - Unlimited within scope of purchase.
Simply the Best QFD Software
- Create unlimited matrix layouts with custom calculations
- Over 20 Templates included. Or, build new reusable templates - great for standardization
- Work right on charts! No lists required. Great in team meetings
- Import custom drawings (.bmp), great for visualizing concepts
- Project View displays the multiple charts that comprise the project with chart linkages clearly visible
- Sort requirements by any numeric room
- Now, you can truly "deploy" quality functions using Phase Progression. It automatically transfers columns to rows on downstream charts (with linkages)! Watch changes "ripple through"
- High Priorities Report pinpoints the issues with the biggest impact
- Benchmark Analysis automatically finds opportunities for improvement; inconsistencies between external (customer) and internal (company) performance ratings.
- Drag & Drop to establish hierarchies of requirement
Create a Design Knowledgebase
- Keep a record of the Voice of the Customer
- Keep a record of critical design requirements (CTQs) and their relationships to the customer's needs
- Record competitive benchmarking data
- Record target values in your design
Make the VOC Actionable
- Gather the VOC manually or with IDEACore’s online WebMine surveyor
- Enter it into QFD Designer
- Brainstorm Success Factors then rank them against the VOC
- Review the highest impacting priorities
Simplify team collaboration
Team members working together to complete project matrices gain greater understanding of project goals and assignments.
Want to view only a subset of the QFD data? It's simple...just Extract a subset chart. It can be comprised of any combination of chart regions. View a scaled down look at the problem, a great way to divide tasks.
Link supporting data
- Add Video and Audio clips for greater understanding...document focus groups or product clinics
- Applinks allow launch of any supporting software from within charts (e.g. Excel, CAD/CAM, Minitab, Word etc.). Great for briefings.
- Add internet/intranet hyperlinks anywhere
Prioritize with a click
The list of priorities in the color Pareto/Bar Chart updates with a click, whenever you enter a relation symbol or modify an importance value.
A powerful design framework
All charts in your project are kept together in one place.